Name Change of Company (INC-24)


*The price is exclusive of any amount payable to Government/Regulatory Authorities and GST.

Price 700

Services covered :
  • Filling the Form
  • Preparing Documents to be uploaded along with the form
  • Uploading the form

Document Required :

CIN details
SRN of RUN(Reserve Unique Name)
Reason for change of name
SRN for MGT-14, Date of Filing MSGT-14, Copy of Special Resolution passed
Copy of Minutes of Members Meeting

FAQ ()

Question : What are the forms required to be filed?
Answer : Include RUN(Reservation of Name), MGT-14,INC-27, INC -24
Question : What are the Governing Laws of this form?
Answer : Section 13 (2) of the Companies Act, 2013 and rule 29(2) of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014.
Question : Which companies are required to file this Form?
Answer : All companies.
Question : What is the purpose of this Form?
Answer : An existing company seeking for change of name shall apply to Central Government (RoC) by filing an application in e-Form INC-24. For changing the name, company is required to have a name reserved by filing e-Form INC-1/RUN (Reserve Unique Name) and shall have passed the special resolution.
Question : What is the Due Date of filing the form?
Answer : Within 30 days of passing Special resolution.
Question : What is the filing fees for this form?
Answer : "Company having share capital -
Less than 25,00,000 - Rs.2000
25,00,000 to 49,99,999 - Rs.5000
50,00,000 to 5 crore - Rs.10000
5 crore to 10 crore - Rs.15000
10 crore or more - Rs.20000
Company not having Share capital - Rs.2000"
Question : How to make application for change in name of company?
Answer : A person can make a name application online through RUN (Reserve Unique Name) facility at the MCA website and reserve the name.
Question : Who can approve the name change?
Answer : " The Registrar of Companies in the respective states has the authority to approve the name change.
- E-Form INC-24 (Application for approval of Central Government for change of name) needs to be give effect to change in name."
Question : Is it necessory to make application to Central Government for change in name?
Answer : "Yes, company needs to make application to Central Government except - Company is changing name only by adding or removing word ""Pvt"" in it by changing from public to private or private to public."
Question : Will the Registrar of Companies issue the name certificate the after name change?
Answer : Yes, the Registrar of Companies will issue a fresh certificate incorporating the name change after approval of all documents.
Question : How long will it take for the name change to happen after filing the documents with the ROC?
Answer : Subject to the approval of ROC of respective states, the name change may take 15-20 days after filing the documents.